The Highland Baptist Church Media Library is committed to the task of making available print and multi-media resources not only to our church community, but to our Home School and CEC community as well. We offer something for all ages in all seasons of life that will encourage personal and corporate Bible study, evangelism and mission endeavors, ministry to the needs of individual members, and to help each person grow and mature in his/her relationship with Jesus Christ.
The Library is located in room 405, in the hallway across from the main entrance to the Fellowship Hall. The library is available to patrons any time that the Church is open. The Library is unstaffed and utilizes a self-checkout honor system. Please stop by and “check it out!”
To “check it out!”
- Select the item you want. Remove the card located on the inside or back cover.
- Print the date and your full name on the card.
- Place the card in the tray labeled “card box.”
- Return books after 3 weeks and DVDs, Videos, CDs after 2 weeks.
Place your returned materials in the Book Return Box. Please do not remove materials from the Book Return Box.
To reserve or renew a book, assistance in the library, comments, questions, please email the librarian at email@example.com, or leave the librarian a note in the card box.
Types of Materials:
The following are available in your church library:
- DVDs and VHS tapes for all age groups
- books on tape and books on CD
- a wide selection of Christian Books for all ages
- fiction and nonfiction reading material (including Bible study helps and commentaries)
- a quiet place to study or prepare for teaching
Memorials are books that have been placed in the Library in memory of a loved one. You may choose to either purchase the book for the library, or you can donate money. If you donate money, an appropriate book will be purchased for you. A nice book plate is then placed in the front of the book with the name of the donor and the one in whose memory it was given. Flowers will wilt and die, but a book becomes a lasting memorial.
Donations are accepted for all books, AV materials, and periodicals with Christian content. Drop them off at the Library. It will be up to the discretion of the librarian if the donated materials will be put into the library. The librarian will dispose of the resources accordingly. Please note that we no longer accept VHS or Cassette resources.